Greenbank School

History

The school began in 1951, in the house which is now the Day Nursery, with sixty pupils and quickly gained a reputation for high standards so that by the end of the decade there was a waiting list for entry to the school.

Following the early death of Karl Orsborn in 1963, Linda Orsborn ran the school herself until 1971, when the school became an Educational Trust managed by a Board of Trustees. The school continues to flourish and develop, adapting to a changing world and new technologies while retaining its traditional family ethos and expectations of good behaviour and manners. New classrooms and facilities have been added through the years including new science, art and music rooms, an ICT Suite and library and an all weather pitch for games. So from small beginnings Greenbank has become one of the leading Independent Primary Schools for its size in the North West.

Mr John Kennedy
Chairman of the board of Trustees

Email to the School Office: office@greenbankschool.co.uk
Tel: 0161 485 3724
Fax 0161 485 5519